And she was...

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Reveling

So last night was a mighty strange night as I was in the audience for the Christmas Revels that I've stage managed the last 3 years. I knew it would be strange. But I didn't know how that strange would manifest itself.

It was pretty emotional. I'd gotten a call each day of tech from either a crew or cast member to tell me how much they missed me and to complain about what was going on in my absence. It was what I imagine a mother to feel like when her kid says they "just want mommy" when she just can't be there. But I reminded them each that the show would go on. Theatre is magic and Revels doubly so.

There I sat in the second row and smiled the whole time. Smiled at each person that I hadn't seen in much too long, at each kid who had sprouted 6 inches since I'd seen them last (we won't discuss the one that proudly showed off his learners permit after the show) and at each bit that I wish I could have been there to help them create. It made me realize how much I didn't want to be an audience member...at least not for this. Here's hoping next year works out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home