And she was...

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Not even the pie?

Yes, but then not heated!

I went to see Waitress last night with free passes provided by the prodding of Neel. I'll let him write the review since I'm not as good at such things but I do give it two very enthusiastic thumbs up.

I am here to warn anyone, such as myself, that was looking forward to a chick flick finally starring Nathan Fillion (aka Captain Tight Pants from Firefly) as a romantic lead. NOT SO! While he is romantic (to a point) and cute (can't help it) and a doctor (a cute doctor) this is not about him. His character is barely developed because, well, it doesn't have to be. This is a chick flick to end all chick flicks and the men are merely props. Props that give good solid performances but still props (Andy Griffith's character has more depth than Nathan's).

So, once you realize it is Keri Russell we are here to see you are in for a huge treat. It was an acting job that required huge restraint and the power was in the nuances (ala Meryl Streep in Prada). I was blown away because, really, I'd not really given Keri a second thought. I never really watched Felicity. Also important for me was that it was a great antidote for recently watching An Inconvenient Truth and feeling like no one should procreate. Check out the trailer and go see it when it comes out (or for me to host it on a Movie Night).

Unfortunately it also made me want pie.

Thank god the Cheesecake Factory was closed.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I saw the movie "Waitress" too and I loved it! I will be seeing it again when it comes out, and buying the dvd. Keri Russell is very talented and lovable indeed!!!!

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger What is flora? said…

    oooh, chick flick.. haven't seen one of those in years! i like the last line of the trailer... "what kind of doctor are you!" memories-- pregnant that is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home