And she was...

Monday, February 13, 2006

Great Big Monday

If Nicholas Cage's angel character from City of Angels asked me I would suggest he trade in his existance for one night at a Great Big Sea concert! What a rush!!!

3 hours of Newfoundland fun! And on a monday night no less!

They are cute Canadian boys that kick ass a capella, play all manner of coolness (whistles, pipes, concertina, accordion, guitar, bodhran...ah, and Murray brought the stand up bass!!!) and all invited us to sing, dance, and have the best Monday night of our lives. Thanks. Don't mind if I do.

We didn't start out at the front of the stage since they put seats up all the way this time but we made it to Sean's feet for the second set. I think I've been there for the last four shows. And to think, I used to be Stage Murray for the Moxy Fruvous shows. I hope he knows I still love him...

They had been in an accident on Thursday but were in perfect form for the show. I guess they were just glad to be alive. There was no opening act...they played two full sets! If you haven't been introduced go here and check it out! Where else can you hear new pop songs, many a sea shanty, 500 year-old folk songs, and a great 80s medley in one show?

Oh, and a big shout out to Jennifer from Nelson. It was cool to meet you!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Courtney said…

    I'm just now totally getting into them. Spouse has them on his launch station, and I'm digging it big-time.

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    Next time they come to the states you and I have a date...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home