And she was...

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Smack-Talk Sunday

For future reference, let me introduce you some of my league's more outspoken players:

Jeters Never Prosper - I started in the majors last year but was quickly sent back to the minor leagues as we discovered that, well, Yahoo Fantasy Baseball sucks. At least the free site does.

Mortal Wombats - This is her first season. Made some rookie mistakes in the draft that she's working to overcome. Best name in the league, next to mine of course. Likes players named Guillen.

The Maybe-Next-Years - My buddy from college and our Commissioner. Poor guy is a Cubs fan. We don't let him forget it.

The Master Batters - A co-worker of the Commish. This is just one of his leagues and he's been at it for several seasons. Gave us hell as we newbies muddled our way through our first live draft. Oh, and he has Jeter on his roster.

Your sampling for this week is a nice offer from the East-Side All-Stars who is usually pretty quiet:

Hot Tejadas for sale, get 'im while he's hot
Okay, he's not really hot right now, but he could be, and I need a 3B or OF to shore up my depleted roster. Any reasonable offer will be entertained, taken out, and shown a good time. Any unreasonable offer will be hosed down with mustard and ketchup and sent back home to its mama.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    See? I TOLD you you should post this kind of stuff. Jeters never prosper... heh.

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    It was that or the Honey Nut Ichiros. I stand by my name as the only team I've actually beaten (I blame weather and ESPN software but don't get me started) is the one with Jeter on it. But I'll save that for another Sunday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home