And she was...

Saturday, June 04, 2005

By any other name...really!

Just read this at Eonline:

ARRESTING NEW ARRIVAL: Comedian-magician Penn Jillette and his wife had a baby girl on Friday. The baby’s name is, and we're not making this up, Moxie CrimeFighter.

What is this crazy trend? I checked other sites to see formore research and have look-see at what I've found:

We have Apple, Lyric Chanel, Yamma, Coco Riley, Presley Walker, Gracie Fan, Keili-Shea, Aquinnah Kathleen, Schuyler Frances, Fifi-Trixibelle, Peaches, Pixie, Homer James Jigme, Alchamy, Heavenly, Hiraani, Tiger Lily, Steveanna, Kafka, Chaia, Amber Rose, Saffron Sahara, Tallulah Pine, Lola Simone, Zahra Savannah , Caspar, Cash Anthony, London Emilio, Dixie Dot and Bibi Belle.

I could go on but I'm tired of typing.

And my mom apologizes for how she spelled my name!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Neel Mehta said…

    Swear to L. Ron Hubbard, there's almost an identical article is in this week's Entertainment Weekly on, like, page 16. The male half of TomKat is on the cover.

    Same concept, similar list. It's even prompted by Moxie CrimeFighter. I smell plagiarism!

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    No, you are supposed to swear ABOUT L Ron Hubbard.

    It's just the collective pop culture mindset at work. I don't read entertainment mags. You have to read those in line at the grocery store or waiting for the dentist and since I only go to either place about twice a year I'm not up on it.

    I read the Eonline news bit (which I credit) and then Googled
    "celebrity baby names" and posted some of my faves. Really, its just a sign that I should work for EW.

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    Oh and Amanda...Selery is FANTASTIC!

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger Neel Mehta said…

    I don't read entertainment mags.

    No, but someone working for one of them read your blog. Interestingly, neither of you mentioned Phinnaeus Moder.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    Ah, well as long as they are copying me...

    And I've since discovered a new one: Blue Angel. The Edge earns his own epithet in making this fringe choice for his daughter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home