And she was...

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Music, friendship, and loss

"To honor orchestra members Kjersten Oquist and Angela Svendsen, the symphony will perform its regularly scheduled concert Thursday evening."

The Eugene Symphony lost 2 members Sunday night to a drunk driver's murderous decision to get behind the wheel and my circle of friends has lost a bright star that we can never replace.

Tonight's concert, with special guest Sir James Galway, is continuing as scheduled, and I'm glad they made the decision to carry on. I wish I could have been there because I belive strongly in the healing power of music and, most importantly, of the community of musicians. I know Kjersten felt the same.

There are no words yet, emotions are raw and the reality has not yet set in. My heart is broken for her husband and son who loved her dearly.

Please take a moment to hug your loved ones and tell them how much they mean to you. I'm sending hugs to all of you...

2 Comments:

  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Neel Mehta said…

    I'm so sorry about your friend and her colleague. Maybe the other passenger will be able to explain what happened, but I doubt it will be of any comfort.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    The memorial was on Saturday and there were lots of donations to MADD.

    The drunk driver is set to be in court in early March. I can't even imagine what it takes to be so drunk that you get on the interstate going the wrong direction. There was very little time between the 911 notification of a driver going the wrong way and another call about the crash.

    I guess the only consolation we have was that it was sudden and quick. And that we knew her at all - she was such a lovely person who deserved much beter.

    If anyone as a moment it would be great if you could visit: http://www.madd.org/takeaction
    and do some clicking. They make it very easy to contact your legistators and make your voice heard.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home