And she was...

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Casting couch...

I'm on the couch reading about some exciting casting news I must share so we can discuss.

#1 Two Pirates sequels are on the way. I'm happy about this both in that my Halloween costume shall get more use and that we get more Depp! But it seems that Bill Nighy shall be playing the villian for the both films! Yay! His quote when asked about his career direction made me giggle: "It does seem I've reached that difficult age where I'm playing men from different dimensions. I've been a zombie, a vampire. And now I've played a man who designed the Earth in a very funny pair of trousers, but it's all working out."

#2 This is a downer. I had originally read that the Amelie chick was to play the female lead in The Davinci Code and have now read that it is instead Sophie Marceau. I only know her from Braveheart and while she's pretty...I'm bummed. I guess I have a year to get over it.

#3 Superman Returns...Where to start. My beloved Kevin Spacy as Lex Luthor - not buying it but I trust the man, Parker Posey as Kitty Koslowski - close to sounding like a Bond Girl name, Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane - does Lois surf?, and no we don't know the guy playing the man himself but he looks good. Whatever. The one that slays me is the fact that Marlon Brando is playing his dad...since he is presently deceased ("he ain't dead son, he just went home") this one perplexes me. I guess they are using the old excess footage from the first film. Yikes!

#4 Gnomeo & Juliet. This one takes best title away from Die Hardest. It's set to be an animated musical version of the play featuring...wait for it...ceramic garden gnomes! OK. This has GOT to be a joke but has (per IMDB) Ewan McGregor, Kate Winslet, Judy Dench set to voice Romeo, Juliet and the Nurse but also has Tim Rice and Elton John attached for music!

#5 This is not so much casting as mulling over the idea of a Xena movie that there are rumors of. Why hasn't this already been done I ask?

1 Comments:

  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    Julie Delpy would be a fine choice as well but I can't see her and Tom having much chemestry.

    And please, while I'm not of the I-love-everything-he-does-and-want-him-to-marry-Meg-Ryan" camp when it comes to Mr. Hanks, I do respect him enough not to compare him to the crazy Cruise machine. Ick. Check out www.Free Katie.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home