And she was...

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Serenity - NOW!

Maybe you know the hype. Maybe you don't. But go see Serenity...

Flora and Eric bought the DVDs and suggested I watch Firefly the series.I never really 'got' the whole Buffy and Angel thing so the fact that Joss Wheden wrote it didn't sell me. I thought the premise sounded questionable but I was still intrigued. I promised myself I'd watch one full episode even after I was take aback by some of the speech patterns (did he just say "howsabout"?). But I was hooked and watched the entire series in one weekend. And it wasn't just for the hot actor from Edmonton playing the Captain. Although that didn't hurt.

I was with the many people who attended the movie (named for the name of the ship instead of the ship's class like the tv show) Friday night and it was a most enjoyable night at the cinema. Two thumbs way up.

To get the most out of it do get a hold of the series and catch up but if you haven't the time the movie will hold its own just fine.

Oh yeah..and GO SOX!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger What is flora? said…

    ah, you are a much better writer than i am.. :)

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    Did you follow the Joss link? I thought of you when I read that comic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home