And she was...

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Tequila Mockingbird

So the Sox won the world series. Maybe it wasn't the Sox I would have preferred but I do believe destiny was again fulfilled this October. The best team won...hands down. The Astros simply did not see it coming. They were too busy whining. You didn't see the Sox complaining about the roof being open or closed, they were ready to play. They didn't complain about the rain or wind, they were ready to play. They didn't care how late it got or how many pitchers they used, they were ready to play. Freddie - god I miss that man - Garcia was a picture perfect pitcher. I used to love watching Dye with the A's (even though he was single handedly beating my Mariners). It seemed like the stars aligned for this team. And so I raise my glass to them. And to baseball. See you in April boys!

But what will I be drinking you ask? That frozen concoction that helps me hang on! It's Jimmy Buffett tonight at the Rose Garden and it is 5 o'clock somewhere. I'm heading out now for happy hour and the show! Assuming they let me in with the camera I'll post my favorite costumes tomorrow. Until then, chew a little Juicyfruit...It's good for the soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home