And she was...

Thursday, March 16, 2006

New Kid on the Block

Oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh

We're on week two in the new office (much of it spent away from my desk in training...grrr) and while I can tell I'm going to be very happy there - we're in a transitional period. Connecting with the different folks. Two I've worked with before (bonus). One I worked with on a project team a while back. One, well, I don't know him but I stage managed his wife in a show the year they first started dating. Oh, and I went to high school with my approver's wife. Weird.

So now I need to connect and bond as it were. I've already found the Eddie Izzard fans so that's all good. And just as my old team prepares their annual American Idol brackets, my new team sucks me in to basketball. I didn't want to be a stick in the mud but I must be the most unqualified person to pick a bracket ever. I don't watch and could probably only name about 3 teams. But I was intrigued when told that, get this, I don't have to watch the games or know anything!

My theory on basketball is that nothing is ever decided until the last 5 minutes anyway. And most of the time I miss the 5 minutes because I can't be bothered. But this could work.

I did my homework and went here, here, and here. I came up with a bracket (thanks N, heavily relied on your suggestions and took Texas all the way but changed a minor few others that, well, I liked the sound of better...).

We'll see how I do but when I checked this afternoon I had 4 right and 1 wrong. In my world that's batting .800!!! Not bad for a rookie.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    First round 23/32!!

    Batting .719 and am tied for first place! Kansas and Michigan getting beat were not in my plans...

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    Sweet 16 indeed. I'm still tied for first place. Who is this Wichita State?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home