And she was...

Friday, June 09, 2006

Everything is beautiful at the ballet

Ok, everything but toddlers sitting behind you kicking your chair and being talked to in Chinese by their mother through the whole first act. Who decides that their child needs to experience the entirety (that's 3+ hours folks!) of Swan Lake by age 3? But I digress.

I don't know why but I always think I love going to the opera and that I just like going to the the ballet. I know I love the music in both but I find when I get to the opera I'm not as moved as I hoped to be. The ballet I don't usually get tickets to but when, on the off chance I go, I have a truly wonderful time. Magical, moving...all that. I never even snapped at the kid's mom (serious character departure for me).

We got a new artisitic director recently and he has left the fundamentally pop culture repertoire of James Canfield behind. I'm sure I'll miss that, the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon ballet was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in my whole life (Seriously!). But he's getting rave reviews.

I know very little about the world of ballet but this shall be a new mission. They have some affordable season tickets and some exciting things coming up. Hmmm. Baseball is over in October, OBT season begins in October...yeah, this is doable.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    soooooo jealous.

    (just popping around ... probably won't be back ... but sooooo jealous. I liked Canfield alright, but I really love the show I saw last fall from the new guy.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home