And she was...

Thursday, May 03, 2007

I like to boogie

Following Julie's lead (even though she took at least two songs I would have used)...

10 Songs that make me happy. In no particular order:

And She Was - Talking Heads
I like it so much I titled my blog with it. It used to be my theme song in college years. That does not, however, mean I spent college getting high behind the Yoohoo factory.

Let It Be - The Beatles
This is the one that can lift me up out of the depths of despair. I might have to leave it on repeat for a hour but it will work eventually.

I Will Follow - U2
Again, so many of their songs could qualify but the opening guitar on this one gets me every time. Julie already mentioned the ORIGINAL Sweetest Thing (I miss the Australian accent of the DJ that introduced it on my tape saying "the flip-side" and "The 12 inch...").

The Christians and the Pagans or The Babysitter's Here or...
Dar Williams just makes me happy!!!

Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order
The Frente! version rocks as well the original is the one that make me want to dance.

Music Box Dancer- Frank Mills
Oh to be 5 again! Whenever I hear this song...I am!

Close to Me - The Cure
What? You don't think of the Cure when looking for uplifting song selections?

Popular - Wicked
It's not about aptitude it's the way you're viewed.

Johnny Saucep'n - Moxy Fruvous
Not only could I not find a video or mp3 but I couldn't figure out how to add an umlaut for their name! Damn my love for obscure defunct Canadian bands!

Bolero - Ravel
Seriously...Take some time and watch the clip from Allegro non Troppo (here's the second part) it will change how you think about this song! Or, if you don't like that one you can always watch this.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can do an ümlaut on a macintosh, see!

    ü ü ü, it's just option u, u.

    but I bet its different on Kristys Wunderkomputer.

    hugs,

    A

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Neel Mehta said…

    Or draft your entry in Edit HTML mode and cut and paste an existing umlaut from some another page. That's how I'd do it.

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Bolero always makes me think of the movie "10" - or more, a specific scene in 10.

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    And after finding those clips and posting this last night guess what was playing in our elevator when I arrived to work this morning...Bolero.

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Ha ha! I just clicked on the "Let it Be" link. Funny!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home