And she was...

Friday, July 27, 2007

My poor generation

Generation labels are often defined only based on the year you were
born. Here is a test I snagged to see which generation you REALLY fit
in.

Do you have your own web page? (1 point)
Have you made a web page for someone else? (2 points)
Do you IM your friends? (1 point)
Do you text your friends? (2 points)
Do you watch videos on YouTube? (1 point)
Do you remix video files from the Internet? (2 points)
Have you paid for and downloaded music from the Internet? (1 point)
Do you know where to download music for free (illegal)? (2 points)
Do you blog for professional reasons? (1 point)
Do you blog as a way to keep an online diary? (2 points)
Have you visited MySpace at least five times? (1 point)
Do you communicate with friends on Facebook? (2 points)
Do you use email to communicate with your parents? (1 point)
Did you text to communicate with your parents? (2 points)
Do you take photos with your phone? (1 point)
Do you share your photos from your phone with your friends? (2 points)

0-1 point - Baby Boomer

2-6 points - Generation Jones

6- 12 points - Generation X

12 or over - Generation Y

Labels:

14 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    9 -- I'm a solid GenXer. (Duh.) : )

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Neel Mehta said…

    Generation Y seems... geeky.

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    Does that mean you came out Y then Neel?

    I was near the edge but still X.

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Neel Mehta said…

    No, just 8 points, firmly in X. But some of the stuff I don't do seems geeky to me, not youthful.

    It figures, though. Generation X would have kicked Fall Out Boy's ass if we were still in charge.

    Eh. I weep for the future.

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    We're not in charge any more? Aw, crap!

    Wait.

    When were we in charge?

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Neel Mehta said…

    1983. We bought Thriller.

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    I'm a 12. I'm geekier than you!!!

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    I was in charge at 9? Damn.

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Twelve as well. Does that make Quinn and I XYs??

    and uh... my word verification is sffag.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Neel Mehta said…

    Julie's a gay man in San Francisco, baby!

    ... but would she still make me switch teams?

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    She's a man, baby, a man!

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    Gay man trapped in a woman's body.

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger What is flora? said…

    Uh-oh, I'm old... I'm generation Jones...crap.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home