And she was...

Friday, June 10, 2005

You lost?

I was having a discussion with long time reader Natalie when I had an epiphany.


The Breakfast Club is one of the defining movies of our generation. This was not my epiphany, just a statement of fact.

The epiphany was this: just as guys have a thing for Princess Leia in her gold bikini I would argue that many women of our generation have a similar thing with the storage closet scene from this movie. For many years I thought it was just me and perhaps it really is. At least I have pinpointed where my long-standing desire for diamond stud earings came from.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger ~N said…

    You found it!

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    Had to Google "Breakfast Club Gallery" and then its kinda fuzzy...not pinup worthy but I'm CERTAIN I had one from a Tiger Beat magazine up on our walls at Band Camp.

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Neel Mehta said…

    This one time, at Band Camp...

    While I have distinct memories of Princess Leia in the bikini, and laughed at the Friends subplot about it, I have to say it I never really had a thing for it. I kind of appreciate older Carrie Fisher, for whatever reason.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    I wondered how long it would be before the band camp quote came up. 9 minutes - impressive!

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree! It's not about Bender really (the guys don't care who is in that bikini do they) but the forbiden guy in a highschool closet.

    But Jake Ryan? yummy.

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    Ok...C, how do you get a link in a comment?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home