And she was...

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Whheeeeeee!

The silence is blamed on tech for The Christmas Revels and tomorrow is opening night. We've already sold out the entire run! No pressure.

So, for those that understand and can sympathize let me explain...no, sum up:

Tonight is the preview audience and I have:
- never run the opening cues of the show
- not met with the house manager regarding calls and timing
- no idea what the real running time of the show is.
- props that I'm told will "be here by tonight, really"
- a cast of 45 chorus members wandering off stage, in the dark, amongst 100 year-old drops that are insured for $6 Mil (although no one will tell me what the deductable is)

EEEEEEeeeeeeeek.

However I also have:
- assembled a crew that kicks butt
- the lighting designer in the booth with me (Julie, Drew says hi)
- 5 lbs of dry ice in my car

Aaaaand...

The final run through last night was a total train wreck!

So, all should be fine. It's going to be a wonderful show.

I'll write more once I've gotten some sleep. Which could be a while.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Yay for bad dress rehearsals!
    Break a leg - that's for you and Drew.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home