And she was...

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

So I walked past the long lines for Brokeback Mountain at the "artsy" movie theater this weekend to see Kiss Kiss Bang Bang instead. Besides the initial pull that I should be in those lines filled with young women and gay men I'm ever so glad I did. I laughed, I cringed, I laughed some more. I might have even snorted at one point. It was damn funny stuff. For Robert Downey Jr. fans - which I am - it was a gem. The role was made for him and he ran with it. Armed with a deliciously noir setting and fast, precise dialogue he showed he's still got serious game. Best narration in a movie EVER. I'm not sure who I was impressed with more. Downey or Black...as it was one of the most original scripts to come out in a long time.

This is probably going down as one of the most underrated movies of 2005. Not enough people will see it. Don't allow yourself to be one of the masses. Go see this. You'll thank me later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home