And she was...

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me?

So, I lost my mind last night and bought a car (the Honda Fit as shown above). I've never owned a NEW new car. I've been driving a 1990 Toyota Corolla since 1995. I was in a bit of a fender bender (bumper got brused and I was a little sore the next day but that was it) two weeks ago and have been keenly aware of the lack of safety features in that car since.

My father got another 1990 Corolla (same colour even) about a year after I got mine and his is not in good shape. Needed more work into it than the car is worth so we began car shopping together. We fell in love with the same car. So, with the help of consumer reports my dad negotiated a fantastic deal...Yay, dad.

So, while I go drive around a lot, you wonderful people need to tell me his/her/its name.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Neel Mehta said…

    Congratulations!

    Looks like a Pablo.

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hm? Hewson?

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    I could go for Pablo. Is it blue as above pictured?

    Or you could name it after my word verification: "puuaa"

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    Well, she and I bonded over the weekend and she told me her name is Violet.

    The colour is named "Blackberry Pearl" (Who comes up with this stuff?) and depending on the light she can be black, navy, or purple.

     
  • At 12:52 AM, Blogger Neel Mehta said…

    The colour is named "Blackberry Pearl" (Who comes up with this stuff?)

    Uh, Research in Motion?

    Meanwhile, I'm looking into getting a Toyota Yaris, but I can't decide whether I want to get it in Razr Pink or Bluetooth.

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger K-Lyn said…

    Damn that's funny stuff. I never even connected blackberry to THE Blackberry. Shows that I'm no longer young and 'with it'.

    If I had gotten the orange it might have been a Pablo.

    On a side note, the Yaris is odd and icky..just look at the dashboard!

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Andy said…

    Cesar Chavez

     

Post a Comment

<< Home